Monday, December 1, 2014

Observation 2

It has been one week since my last observation but it seems that I might have missed quite a few organisms in my first observation because this week I found a good number of new microorganisms. I have no new videos, but some nice pictures.

1. Litonotus sp.
 I was quite impressed with this picture. The ability to see the organelles and all of its makeup is quite fascinating to me. The most interesting part was being able to see it move. It expanded and collapsed to stretch both ends of its membrane for movement. 

2. Craspedacusta sp. 
 This guy is also referred to, more commonly, as a fresh water jelly fish. I saw no movement with this organism. 

3. Elcane Rotifer sp. 
 This organism seemed to be pretty abundant in my sample, it and other types of rotifers. You can see the bottom right hand corner of the picture is the flagella-like appendages that makes it mobile. 

4. Paramicium sp.
     
 
All in all, this observation was a success. Like last time, there were a few organisms that I was not able to capture on camera but none of which were very abundant. 

No comments:

Post a Comment