Monday, December 1, 2014

Observation 1

Sadly I was not able to get to my observations until now. My first one was 4 weeks after the set up. Because of the prolonged lack of observations and recordings I was not able to find the same microorganisms as I did when I first set up the micro aquarium, but that is not to say that this observation was unsuccessful. I was able to find many microorganisms that were bot spotted before. Also in my last post I left out my water source so for some clarification the source is from a spring that receives partial sun exposure in Carters Mill Park in Knoxville, Tennessee. So what did I find in the observation?

1. Amoeba sp. (seen above)

2. Limnius sp.  (seen above)

3. Epalxis sp.
4. Vorticella sp.



5. Nodularia sp. (Forest, 1954).


Along with these there were many fast moving microorganisms that were a bit too fast for me to catch on camera. I was also able to see Rotifer eggs and other signs of reproduction which tells me that there were suitable conditions for the thriving of the organisms within the water sample. 

No comments:

Post a Comment